Sunday, December 2, 2007

Can you believe it? Another post ... Finally!!!!!

OK ... so I haven't done a very good job of keeping up with my blog. I know!!!!! So here I am now and I'm gonna try to do a better job of posting.

A lot has gone on in my life since my last post in May. Some good and some not so good. The good ... a new grandson, Garrett, born August 30, 2007. The bad ... I prefer not to dwell on it.

So on to better and brighter things. I just finished my second digital scrapbooking class with Jessica Sprague. I am so addicted to digi scrapping, to Jessica and to the new friends I have made on our beloved JS playground!!! Hey Kari sweetie (see I'm posting, I'm posting!!!). I've made some gorgeous (in my humble opinion) LO's over the course of the two classes. I've tried to focus on doing LO's about Mark's mission but I keep getting pulled away by grandkids and holidays. I have a sinking feeling that Mark's Mission scrapbook won't be finished by the time he comes home in Feburary. Maybe I'll post a few of my pages for interested eyes to see. Leave me a comment and let me know if you are interested in seeing them. Don't want to bore anyone.

Today I began a new class. I hope it is not more than I can handle. I want it to be something I will enjoy ... not a burden to make me feel guilty if I can't keep up. It is called "Journal Your Christmas". I made a declaration that I would write and create a page everyday about something Christmas ... We are given prompts to jog our creative minds. My main purpose in signing up for this class was to document some of my Christmas' past, my feelings about Christmas present and my hopes and dreams for Christmas' to come. Today was our declaration page. Here it is. Tell me what you think? Am I crazy or what?



Credits: LivEdesigns "Christmas Lullaby" kit for the paper, frame, letter tags, and the chipboard journal tag. Lisa Minor for redrose curled ribbon. Nana's Attic (http://nanas-attic.blogspot.com) for the Merry Christmas ribbon & Bow element. #1 by RoseMadeDesigns. Green bow by Burkhart Scrapzone Designs by Michaele Burkhart @ www.deco-pages.com. Red Ornament by Boo Silva (BooLandDesigns) OneNightInBethlehem kit. I'm new to this stuff so I hope I didn't forget anyone or anything.


OK. So leave me some love in the comments if you want me to keep this going. I thrive on comments!!!

3 comments:

Natalie Putnam said...

Yea!!!! You updated. I'm so excited. I love the new layout. I can't wait to see more of the journaling pages. See you later today.

Miss Katie said...

That looks really good! Keep up the good work.

LivE said...

love the look of your little home on the net, my dear friend! i don't think you're nuts to take on another class at such a crazy time as this--i think it's the best way to keep sane! :D oh, and i read that about that journaling class you're taking: some people complete albums during the duration of the class, and some people complete an album over a span of years... so don't feel guilty about anything! just enjoy the creative process and have fun! love ya!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Trump Baja